Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Good Times Weekends

16-07-06_1153
Lobster Sashimi
16-07-06_1158
Lobster Sashimi angle 2
16-07-06_1212
Shark Fin Soup
16-07-06_1217
Taro bird's nest and shrimp
16-07-06_1228
Sparerib
16-07-06_1229
MiniLobster
16-07-06_1234
Female Crabs
16-07-06_1305
Some sort of fish
FOOD & CYCLING
Food is a good thing. My father's family came to Taipei this last weekend, and took me out for dinner in the Neihu area. To the right are the pictures, appropriately subtitled. I took them with my camera phone, since I conveniently managed to not take my actual camera, but they turned out alright.

Afterwords I went cycling with my aunt and uncle. It was a hell of a ride, we went from Zhishan to Danshui and back. I'm guessing it was a good 20-30km. I haven't ridden a bicycle in like 5 years or something, and maybe 10-years with any frequency.

My ass hurts like hell today.

XIMENDING
Last Friday and Saturday I went to Ximending with Phyllis and her pal Patrick, and then with Vivian and Phyllis. It was alright, although I'm not really a shopper. Ended up buying a shirt on Saturday for the equivalent of 3 USD. Its great! Don't get me wrong though, most shirts were roughly 10 USD. Saw some great engrish - have a looksee:
15-07-06_1518

I saw superman as well - and is it just me... or does anyone disagree vehemently with Superman having a kid. Not only does superman have super-powers, no. He doesn't live through those awkwardly-mostly-platonic relationships like most men, no sir. He manages to have a kid, which implies he hooks up with Lois Lane. Its good cuz he cuckolds Cyclops, but even so... damn dude, where's his weakness? kryponites a joke, he just gets his ass kicked for a little bit and then its back to business.




The Door
That night I wanted to go out at night w/ some other pals around here, but I got owned by a door.

Not owned as in a door slamming on my head and K.O.-ing me, but rather, preemptively killing my plans.

So I get back home around 10pm, planning on getting changed and cleaning up. Tell my aunt and uncle, whereupon they realize that I'd be back after 12AM.

Turns out that the inner gate to the highrise apartments is locked after 12 AM. My aunt/uncle didn't get a set of keys because they're normally not out at those hours.

Owned.


On the upside, I checked with the doorman today, and he told me I could borrow the key and take it to the locksmith. So now I just need to get another outer gate key, since I managed to lose the swipe card a few weeks back.

Oops.



MRT-ness
Craziest thing happened on the MRT (Metro Taipei) the other day as well. On our way back from Ximending, Phyllis and I are talking in English right? so we're going about our way, and suddenly I look up and I see Charley Lu's (a DSP brother) girlfriend Cindy, who goes to Boston University.

We concurrently say eachother's names.

Didn't even know that each other were in Taiwan.

What are the chances of that? Running into somebody from the states that you know, randomly on the Metro, in the same light-rail train, in a city of almost 3 million? Crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time leave spoiler warnings.

Anonymous said...

I loove the mini-lobster! Nice site...

Anonymous said...

::drools::

i want food that looks ike that

mmmmm

and i love the engrish